Join Marcy at the Gemini & Scorpio Loft for their annual Valentine's Day Party!
CLANDESTINE CABARET: 2/10
Gemini & Scorpio
Meet Me in Paris: a clandestine cabaret
Sat, Feb 10, $20 until 1am, $10 after, 21+ (25+ suggested)
$40 for reserved table seats w/prime stage view
9-10pm cocktail hour, 10pm-1am live acts, 1am-5am dancing & lounging
Gemini and Scorpio Lofe, must RSVP for Gowanus, BK address
Details & address RSVP: http://www.geminiandscorpio.com/events.html
Tix: http://bit.ly/GS_cabaret (advance recommended)
A clandestine French cabaret with sensuous live music, sultry burlesque and variety acts, followed by late-night dancing and lounging in our softly-lit loft, absinthe and other special libations at the bar, and kissing on the sprawling roof. Our house band will be playing three full sets to swoon, sway and dance to, with deliciously naughty performances in between. It's also our annual Birthday celebration: we turn 16 this year!
- Three sets of vintage danceable French gems by Myriam Phiro & the Cavaliers of Swing
- Risqué burlesque by Dandy Dillinger and Eden Atencio
- Can-can and more by our delightful new dance troupe (so new it doesn't have a name yet!) featuring Mademoiselle Estelle, CeCe BrownSugah & Karen Ng
- Hosted by dashing & dangerous magician Eric Walton
- Nouvelle chanson to electro-swing mix by DJ Poodlecannon (Marc Nasdor)
- Love & compatibility tarot readings by Marcy Currier
Dress code (as usual, required): Cabaret through the ages (turn-of-century Belle Époque La Goulue cabaret, 1920s Josephine Baker cabaret, 1930s Marlene Dietrich cabaret, 1940s Edith Piaf cabaret, 1950s Jacques Brel cabaret, 60s and beyond cabaret lounge, anachronistic punk cabaret); "Cabaret" the movie; vintage or modern high style; dressy & classy.
Press: "A Pigalle-style playground with can can dancers, cabaret acts and vintage gypsy jazz" - TimeOut NY. "If there's one team of party planners we trust with throwing a stunning clandestine French cabaret, it's Gemini & Scorpio." - Flavorpill.